• Access to SMORS (statistical modeling on remote servers). Included with every course:
– Mplus v8
– StatTransfer v13
– LISREL 9
– R (inclding simsem, sem Tools & Iaavan)
– Special Software Such as ADANCO Loaded as Needed For Specific Courses
*SAS/SPSS is not available. Students can use free SAS University Edition on their own machines. We are working to provide a generic version of SPSS.
• Hands-on software training included in every course. Stats Camp gives you access to advanced software, AND we teach you how to use it for your project.
• One-On-One consultation focused on YOUR research project. Bring your research data to Stats Camp, get your questions answered by our team of experts.
• Build the contacts that help build careers at Stats Camp. Stats Camp participants come from all over the world and all fields including Medicine, Government, Education, Finance, Engineering, Sociology, Psychology and many more.
Statistics Training Course:
South Africa Stats Camp Training Seminar
April 23 – 26, 2019
Hammanskraal, Gauteng Province, South Africa
Mongena Lodge – Dinokeng Game Reserve
Todd D. Little, Ph.D., Ian Rothmann Ph.D., Rens van de Schoot Ph.D.
Mwarumba Mwavita Ph.D.
Duco Veen Ph.D. Candidate, Omolola Odejimi, Martha Egberts, Evelien Schat, Sanne Smid, Kimberley Lek.
A comprehensive 4-day Stats Camp Seminar:
Analytical competence is of great importance to conduct social and psychological research. The Optentia Research Focus Area, in collaboration with two international experts on statistical analysis (Prof. Todd D Little and Prof. Rens van de Schoot), will present a Stats Camp in South Africa. Stats Camp is an internationally recognized award-winning educational event focused on advanced statistical training at a graduate and postgraduate level.
Stats Camp seminars are highly relevant to current trends and practices in modern advanced statistical analysis. They enable researchers to get practical “hands-on” instruction that delivers practical value. Each year, full week-long Stats Camps and Mini Camps are held in locations throughout the world.
The goal of the Stats Camp is to help participants to run their models in Mplus or R (lavaan, blavaan, stan) and maybe even to finalize their results section. Read More.
Stats Camp is an internationally recognized award winning educational event focused on advanced statistical training at the graduate and post graduate level. Each year, full week long Stats Camps and Mini Camps are held in locations throughout the world.
We hear it over and over again that our value and efficiency enables our students to propel their research forward!
“I was really amazed how comprehensive and hands-on the mini camp was. I am confident that I can take everything I learned, from the basic to the advanced topics, and employ them independently in my own research.”
-Katie Paschall, M.S., Doctoral Candidate The University of Arizona
“Stats Camp is the best ever—hands down! Virtually everything about it is superb—material presented is thorough and well documented, slide content is always clear and readable, time for questions and discussion is generous. Participants are also provided with an abundance of supportive resources. In my view, Todd Little’s Stats Camp is an absolute gold mine.”
-Barbara Byrne, School of Psychology, University of Ottawa